Sustainability Research Award
CriteriaCriteria for Selection (not in order of preference):
- One main criterion is the originality of the research.
- The practical side is relevant as well. The research should be easily implementable.
- It is important for the research to provide economic gains to society.
- Environmental protection also needs to be taken into account in terms of encouraging and advancing protection of environment.
- The research should provide social development. Impacts and benefits of the research must be indicated, especially how they help society in developing countries.
How to apply
The application period for Globe Award 2011 has ended. The Nominees are listed here.
Jury group for Globe Sustainability Research Award
Prof. Muhan Munasinghe, Chairman
Nobel Peace Prize Laureate 2007, Director General of the Sustainable Consumption Institute, University of Manchester, UK; Chairman of the Munasinghe Institute for Development, Sri Lanka
Prof. Shiqiu Zhang
Professor and Director, Institute of Environment and Economy, University of Peking, China
Prof. Fred Dubee
UN Global Compact, Senior Advisor working extensively in China and throughout Asia, Ireland
Prof. Peter Meier
Consultant energy and environmental economist to the World Bank, previously Chairman of the Energy programme at the State University of New York at Stony Brook.
Dr. Dana Cordell
Research Principal, Institute for Sustainable Futures, University of Technology, Sydney (UTS)